Employment at Nevis Range
Nevis Range is a very practical, hands-on company with a lively outdoor atmosphere. Staff are recruited largely on their foreseeable potential and adaptability. Working conditions and level of business are governed almost entirely by the weather and the seasons, demanding an unusual level of flexibility of all Nevis Range staff.
The number of employees varies from a core staff of 50 who work all year round to 100 at the height of a busy winter season. The key qualities that we look for in our staff are adaptability, resilience to harsh weather, passion for the outdoors, team spirit, good customer care skills and a sense of humour!! Seasonal employees include ski lift operators, groomer drivers, ski & board instructors, ski hire technicians and catering staff.
Scroll down for our current vacancies.
Other Useful Information
Nevis Range Development Company does not offer staff accommodation however most seasonal staff find accommodation quite easily in Fort William or the surrounding areas. If you do experience difficulties we can recommend certain local establishments who offer short-term accommodation until you can find something more permanent.
All staff are provided with a uniform that is appropriate for the requirements of their particular job.
If you are successful in your application you will be given an induction on arrival and specific training that is appropriate to your position within the company. Nevis Range has been accredited with the Investors in People Standard since the inception of the scheme.
All full-time staff receive a season pass, which allows access to the uplift facilities at Nevis Range and the other four ski areas in Scotland. Part-time staff receive a discounted price ticket, which offers the same benefits. Some local outdoor retail establishments offer discounts for full and part time staff.
Gaelic Language Plan
Nevis Range is presently in the process of implementing a Gaelic Language Plan in partnership with Bord na Gaidhlig.
Please note before applying
- You must be legally entitled to work in the UK
- You must be able to travel, at your own expense, to Nevis Range, Fort William for the interview process
- PLEASE adhere to the specific instructions for the particular job that you are applying for ie Nevis Range employment application form (which must be completed in full) - or current CV - and covering letter. Download the Nevis Range employment application form in word or as a pdf
- If you have any employment related questions please contact 01397 705825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing dates are final and we strongly recommend that you apply for a position as soon as you see it to avoid missing out on the opportunity.
Part Time Bookkeeper and Payroll Administrator
Closing Date: Friday 31 March 2017
Pay: Salary depending on experience
Job Title: Part-Time Bookkeeper and Payroll Administrator
Responsible to: Office & Administration Manager
Responsible for: None.
To provide bookkeeping and payroll support for the company. Contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the office.
Working 3 days out of 7 with a possibility of additional days in the future.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• General office & Ticket office duties as required
• Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Credit Control, Cash book, Bank Reconciliation,
• Payroll and HR
• Covering ticket office as required, including weekends during winter/summer seasons.
• Liaising with accountants to provide information for management accounts.
Knowledge and Skills required:
• Proficient in using Sage Pay systems
• IT skills using a range of software packages
• Numeracy skills with high levels accuracy
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Flexibility & Reliability