Back Corrie Workshops 2017
The workshops are aimed at experienced skiers and snowboarders - competent black run skiers or snowboarders, seeking a better understanding of back country safety in relation to the back corrie area.
The workshop is designed to introduce the basic concepts and a basic understanding of back country skiing and it is important that individuals consider further and more formal training.
When and where
- Winter 2016/17 dates - Sat 28 Jan, Sat 18 Feb,Sun 26 Feb, Sun 5 March.
- Times - 9am – 3pm - meet at 9am inside the Snowgoose restaurant & bar at the gondola top station
What will the course cover?
- Making an assessment of the back corries
- Weather and avalanche risks
- Preparation and risk assessment
- Transceivers, shovel and probe
- Safety on the edge
Prices and conditions
- BRING - Skis/Board & gear, any safety gear you already have, rucksack (20-35 litres) to carry safetygear (your own or supplied by us) and your lunch
- Transceivers, shovel and probes - participants can supply their own, or alternatively they can be hired from Nevis Range Equipment Hire and should be booked in advance.
- Cost £35 - payable in advance - see below to complete form and for payment details. Participants must possess a Zone A ticket or a season ticket
- Participants need to complete a Participation form when they pay and sign in to the course at Ticket Office.
- Booking in advance - this is essential, as limited places are available
- Cancellations – please let us know ASAP if you are unable to make it
- Participants will only be telephoned if the course is not going to proceed as planned
- The workshop will be subject to weather conditions
- Minimum age is 18 years (possible that under 18's may be accompanied by responsible adult - please call us)
Spaces for workshops are strictly limited. Check to see if spaces are available on the Paypal drop-down menu at the bottom of the page. Any dates not available will not display.
HOW TO BOOK
- Fill out the sign-up form below
- Pay via the Paypal link at the bottom of the page after completing the sign-up form
- Please CONTACT US FIRST before filling out the form if you have any queries. Please only use the form to sign up. DO NOT use the form for enquiries.
STEP 2: Please pay using the paypal link below to complete your booking
or call us on 01397 705825 (requires above sign up form to be completed)