Back Corrie Workshops 2013
The workshops are aimed at experienced skiers and snowboarders seeking a better understanding of back country safety in relation to the back corrie area.
The workshop is designed to introduce the basic concepts and a basic understanding of back country skiing and it is important that individuals consider further and more formal training.
The workshop will be led by Jeff Starkey, Head of Ski Patrol at Nevis Range, or one of his colleagues.
Where and when ...
- Dates - Sun 27 Jan, Sat 2 Feb, Sun 24 Feb, Sun 10 March, Sat 23 March, Sat 6 April (cancelled due to conditions), Sun 21 April - more dates will become available if there's sufficient demand
- Times - 9am – 3pm - meet at 9am inside the Snowgoose restaurant & bar at the gondola top station
What will the course cover?
- Making an assessment of the back corries
- Weather and avalanche risks
- Preparation and risk assessment
- Transceivers, shovel and probe
- Safety on the edge
Prices and conditions
- PLEASE bring - ski + board gear, any safety gear you already have, rucksack (20-35 litres) to carry safetygear (your own or supplied by us) and your lunch
- Transceivers, shovel and probes - these supplied, however if you have your own, please bring this with you
- Cost £30 - payable at Ticket Office on the morning of the workshop or before. Participants must posses a Zone A ticket or a season ticket
- Participants need to complete a Participation form when they pay and sign in to the course at Ticket Office
- Booking in advance - this is essential, as limited places are available
- Cancellations – please let us know ASAP if you are unable to make it
- Participants will only be telephoned if the course is not going to proceed as planned
- The workshop will be subject to weather conditions
- Minimum age is 18 years