Back Corrie Workshops 2014
The workshops are aimed at experienced skiers and snowboarders - competent black run skiers or snowboarders, seeking a better understanding of back country safety in relation to the back corrie area.
The workshop is designed to introduce the basic concepts and a basic understanding of back country skiing and it is important that individuals consider further and more formal training.
The workshop will be led by a member of the Nevis Range Ski Patrol team.
Where and when ...
- Dates - Sun 1 Feb, Sat 22 Feb, Sat 15 March 2014 - more dates will become available if there's sufficient demand
- Times - 9am – 3pm - meet at 9am inside the Snowgoose restaurant & bar at the gondola top station
What will the course cover?
- Making an assessment of the back corries
- Weather and avalanche risks
- Preparation and risk assessment
- Transceivers, shovel and probe
- Safety on the edge
Prices and conditions
- PLEASE bring - ski + board gear, any safety gear you already have, rucksack (20-35 litres) to carry safetygear (your own or supplied by us) and your lunch
- Transceivers, shovel and probes - participants must supply their own. They can be hired from Nevis Range Equipment Hire and should be booked in advance.
- Cost £30 - payable in advance - see below to complete form and for payment details. Participants must posses a Zone A ticket or a season ticket
- Participants need to complete a Participation form when they pay and sign in to the course at Ticket Office
- Booking in advance - this is essential, as limited places are available
- Cancellations – please let us know ASAP if you are unable to make it
- Participants will only be telephoned if the course is not going to proceed as planned
- The workshop will be subject to weather conditions
- Minimum age is 18 years
Finally, please pay for your Workshop
You can pay for your Back Corrie Workshop via Paypal or please call the Nevis Range Office on 01397 705825 and pay by credit card over the phone.